birds

Thursday, April 8, 2010

NO SHOPPING?

So this challenge for me is the most challenging because I have verbal diarrhea.  I blab about my good feelings, my bad feelings, you name it.  I can talk about my emotions until I am blue in the face.  So keeping my mouth clamped shut when I want to criticize has been the hardest part.  And the truth is, my husband is great.  He is helpful around the house, he works really hard and he takes good care of us all. 
Today's big challenge is to make sure we are not taking our husband's job and how hard he works for granted.  Telling my husband how grateful I am that he works and provides has never been really hard for me.  I'm really good with the words of affirmation.   But what I have been challenged today is - am I working for our family in kind?  Do I spend too much time indulging myself or spending too much money when my husband is working his hind end off all day.  There are definitely days where I am working a double, triple, quadruple shift.  And YES I deserve to treat myself after some hard days.  But I have noticed that I have been a little easy with the spending money.  And if I am not a  good steward of the money my husband works so hard for, I am not respecting his time and efforts. 

And TRUST ME!!!!  I hate admitting this.

So that is something that I am begrudgingly working on. While continuing to hand out the praise like candy.  But the hard part is biting my tongue.  I'll let you know how that goes tonight after work when I am cranky.

3 comments:

  1. so how's that tongue feeling now??
    Proud of you BFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has to be a way for us to shop for shoes and purses and chocolate cake without hurting our family budgets. Well, I can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose men see those tools like we see our shoes and Coach purses...........but those just don't look so hot with our new dresses!! Fashion first, I tell ya:) LOL

    ReplyDelete